by award-winning Candice Watson and Exclusive Aesthetic
Micropigmentation specialists to the Middle East. Now offering training courses!
The best solution for Vitiligo
For Vitiligo, we use micropigmentation to implant bespoke pigment colours so the area looks the same as the surrounding skin. This process is often called Skin Camouflage.
Skin Camouflage and Medical Micropigmentation is more widely known and recognised by doctors and medical facilities.
Micropigmentation is now being recommended as one of the best treatments available for Vitiligo sufferers.
Micropigmentation stays in the skin for 2 to 3 years and if you choose a specialist correctly the skin tone match can be very close to the skin surrounding the affected area.
Before proceeding with micropigmentation to conceal Vitiligo you MUST have a Skin Tone Patch Test. During the patch test, we will mix several pigment shades to match your skin tone and apply to a test area of skin. 4 to 8 weeks is then required for the patch test results to be seen. Once a colour (mixed for your skin tone) has been decided the treatment course can go ahead. On average and as a guide, 2 to 4 treatment sessions per area are required depending on how your skin accepts the pigment.
Pigments and matching skin tones
For skin camouflage procedures we mix bespoke pigment colours tailored to each clients skin tone and colour. The skin is not one colour so we mix several colours and apply a series of dots to mimic the natural look of the skin. We adopt the latest skin camouflage techniques and have 20+ years of experience at mixing colours to match skin tones.
Patients suffering from Vitiligo should be aware that the best results are achieved when the area surrounding the treatment area is as natural in colour as possible i.e. on skin with no suntan. The patch test is also best applied to natural skin.
Tanned skin changes colour depending on exposure to the sun however micropigmentation pigments and scar camouflage pigments do not change colour, they fade over time as they are expelled from the skin over 2 to 3 years.
It is our goal to match the area affected by vitiligo to the natural skin colour as perfectly as possible. Following the treatment, the treated area will not tan so minimal sun exposure must be applied especially if the treated area is in an obvious position.
When choosing a specialist for treatment of vitiligo, please ensure you choose a professional trained in this field. Micropigmentation for Vitiligo is NOT the same as the process for Semi Permanent Makeup as a number of varying coloured pigments are applied to match the varying colours within the skin.
Aftercare for this treatment plays a big part in its success. Avoiding sun and any chlorinated water for at least 4 weeks is important. Also, any heat or steam treatments must be avoided for the first 5 days after each treatment session. Prolonged protection of the skin to sunlight should also be adhered to as this in itself can cause Vitiligo in the skin.
Candice Watson performs all procedures to the highest of standards. Candice is a true micropigmentation expert and has 30+ years of experience and 10+ years of experience in the Middle East.
We only use the best micropigmentation machines, needles and pigments to ensure the best results.
Skin Patch Test
We always perform a Skin Patch Test to determine the pigment colours to use to match your skin colour and tone.
- International Health and Beauty Certification
- Dawn Cragg MBE teaching and CPD certification
- John Hashy masters diploma
- Finishing Touches Medical Micropigmentation Master Class
- Moshe Allul diploma for HFS Scalp Micropigmentation
- LCN Germany SPMU diploma
- Tunde Mehn advanced skills diploma
- Licensed to practice in Dubai Healthcare City
Fellowships & Memberships
- SPCP ( Society of Permanent Cosmetic Professionals)
- IHBC ( International Health and Beauty Council)
- BABTAC ( British Association of Beauty Therapist and Cosmetologists)
Licensed to practice in Dubai, UK and internationally.
Location: Dubai, UAE, Middle East & UK
More information about Vitiligo
What is Vitiligo
- Vitiligo is a skin disorder caused by a lack of skin pigment called Melanin. Melanin is what is produced by the skin cells to provide your skin with its colour. When Vitiligo occurs the skin has white patches in areas either small or large and this can spread throughout the body and can also shift from one area to another.It is not quite clear why this happens but there are several different types of Vitiligo, ranging from Autoimmune Conditions to Segmental Vitiligo (caused by chemicals released from nerve endings to the skin). About 20% of Vitiligo can be congenital (passed down from a family member) there are also various conditions that can trigger vitiligo such as:
- Stressful events (even childbirth)
- Damage to the skin through cuts burns or severe sunburn
- Exposure to certain chemicals.
Please note: Vitiligo cannot be passed from one person to another i.e. it is not infectious.
Possible other treatments
- When first diagnosed with vitiligo your GP can recommend a variety of treatments, none of which can be guaranteed to work or solve the problem. These treatments may include:
- Sun safety advice
- Topical cortisone steroids
- Camouflage make up creams (stay for 24 hours and are waterproof)
- Photo-therapy (light treatment)
- Skin grafts
- Vitamin D treatment
- Complimentary therapies
All treatments are performed at The London Centre for Aesthetic Surgery (LCAS) in Healthcare City, Dubai.
LCAS is a medical clinic adhering to the highest hygiene and health and safety standards so you really are in the best and safest hands.
You can contact Candice Watson using the Please use the Whatsapp button to ask specific treatment questions you may have.
Exclusive Aesthetic are specialist micropigmentation trainers offer training courses in all aspects of micropigmentation including Semi Permanent Makeup, Medical Tattooing and Hair and Scalp Tattooing techniques to UK Harley Street, London standards. All courses are headed by Candice Watson and our trainers are Harley Street trained with many years experience training advanced micropigmentation techniques in the UK, Dubai and internationally.
Exclusive Aesthetic specialise in Cosmetic Semi Permanent Makeup, Medical Micropigmentation, Advanced Micropigmentation, Hair & Scalp Micropigmentation, Tattoo Removal and Scar MCA and Dry Needling. Our courses are available to the Middle East region from our base in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Take advantage of a comprehensive range of training courses that are designed to take you from complete beginner to master technician. Once qualified you will enjoy endless possibilities within the micropigmentation industry. Along the way, you will be supported with workshops, newsletters and networking events as well as professional telephone and email support.
We also provide the very best products as well as ongoing CPD hours to keep you in line with all UAE training requirements.